Fr. Josh Johnson has produced an evergreen resource that Catholics will want to take with them to Adoration, drawing on Church knowledge and the works of spiritual masters such as St. Teresa of Avila and Fulton Sheen.
This compact book contains Eucharistic miracle stories, lectio divina prompts and reflections, saintly inspiration, and litanies and devotionals, including Sr. Faustina Maria Pia of the Sisters of Life’s Litany of Trust.
It is easy to transport, slip into a purse or handbag, and distribute at your church because of its small size. Catholics who struggle to stay focused in prayer, be consistent in their relationship with Jesus, don’t know what to do in Adoration, or simply need encouragement and inspiration to get there will benefit enormously from this short but powerful book. It has a beautiful Alpha Cowhide cover that will last for years (Imitation Leather).
This essential pocket guide by Fr. Josh Johnson teaches Catholics:
- How to remain fixed on the face of Jesus during adoration. A form of Mental Prayer.
- What to do with the distractions that will inevitably come in prayer.
- How to discern with the Holy Spirit the invitation from Jesus to rest during their time in Eucharistic Adoration.
- How to overcome spiritual dryness.
- How to pray with the Sacred Scriptures.
- How to pray with the mysteries of the Rosary during Adoration.
- How to pray with the lives of the saints.
- How to discern practical, concrete actions to take after Adoration.