Examples of Sacramentals
- The Brown scapular of Our Lady of Mount Carmel – for salvation
- Green – for the sick and for conversion
- Miraculous Medal
- St. Benedict Meda
- Many others
Holy Water, oil, salt
- The new rite is a simple blessing of water, but the old rite is an exorcism
- Prayer begets what it signifies
- Epiphany water
The priests’ exorcism prayers for salt, water, and oil from the old, pre Vatican II, Roman Catholic “Rituale Romanum” prayer book can be found online in the EWTN Library.
EPIPHANY BLESSING FOR CHALK TO BLESS YOUR HOME
Also used to bless washable crayons or markers used to Bless Your Home:
Chalk for each family is also blessed so that they may mark the names of the three Magi over their doors, as a witness of their faith and protection against evil. This blessing is from the older version of the Roman Ritual.
You can ask a priest to bless your chalk.
“O Lord God, bless this Thy creature chalk that it may be used for the salvation of the human race. Through the invocation of Thy most Holy Name grant that whoever shall take of this chalk and write with it upon the doors of his house the names of Thy saints, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar, may through their merits and intercession receive health of body and protection of soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
or this prayer may be said:
“Loving God, bless this chalk which you have created, that it may be helpful to your people; and grant that through the invocation of your most Holy Name all those who with it write the names of your saints, Caspar, Melchior, and Balthazar, may receive health of body and protection of soul for all who dwell in the homes where this chalk is used, we make this prayer through Jesus the Christ. Amen.”
The initials of the Magi are then inscribed upon the inside of the doors with the blessed chalk.
(The initials, C, M, B, can also be interpreted as the Latin phrase “Christus mansionem benedicat“ which means “Christ bless this house”.) This blessing is usually done at Epiphany around the first part of each new year, but can actually be done at any time to bless your home.
20 + C + M + B + 16 (the + is the symbol for the sign of the cross) (the 20 and 16 signify the year as this blessing is redone each year. In January of 2016 you will write 20 + C + M + B + 16.
Write this inscription on your doors after blessing your home with holy water.
This is a very powerful blessing for your home. You can write this on every door in your home or property.
Natural remedies as given to Luz de Maria
Oil of the Good Samaritan
- St. Hildegard of Bingen was blessed with knowledge of natural remedies from above, used herbs and oils as medicine. She was elevated to “Doctor of the Church” by Pope Benedict XVI
- Frankincense, myrrh and other oils were used for healing in Biblical time and before modern scientific medicine. Frankincense and Myrrh and other oils have been used for healing since Biblical times. They were given to Mary as a gift for the baby Jesus by the Three Kings. Our Lady told St. Bernadette to wash in the water and…. and eat herbs that they were good for her
- Written records of recipes that were used during the Great Plague go back to 1700-1800: The Tragedy of the Great Plague in 1630 – thieves oil
- “Oil of the Good Samaritan” is made with 5 essential oils (cinnamon, clove, lemon, rosemary, eucalyptus) that have been enjoyed by the natural health care community for antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal properties. They must be diluted with a carrier oil. http://www.deunanube.com/how-to-make-oil-of-the-good-samaritan/
- These 5 essential oils are sold at some health food and supplement stores, individually or as an organic proprietary oil blend called “bandits blend” or “thieves oil”. A manufacturer of essential oils in Canada called Alypsis state that they make their “bandits blend” “for therapeutic use only” and not with new age or occult incantations or intentions. It is 100% pure and certified to be organic. They recommend it for use in laundry or a diffuser: https://www.alypsis.com/bandits-blend-thieves-oil.html
- Catholics have used ordinary and natural measures such as blessed oils for good reasons and intentions. This is not meant to replace ordinary means or measures.
- Purchaser could have oils blessed and exorcised by a priest, so they then become sacramentals
- “In 1997, studies were conducted on this formula, by the University of Weber (Utah, United States) and proved that it is 99.96% effective against airborne bacteria. Bacterial cultures were sprayed in an enclosed space, and the mixture was dispersed for an amount of time. After 10 minutes of exposure, there was a reduction of 82% in the luteus micrococcus, 96% in aeruginosa pseudomonas, 44% in the staphylococcus aureus.” http://www.deunanube.com/how-to-make-oil-of-the-good-samaritan/
- Science daily – Georgetown University Medical Center
- Medicinal plants to help in these days of illness and health problems including this oil are recommended on the official site of Luz de Maria de Bonilla’s messages that were granted the Imprimatur of the Church by Titular Bishop of Nicaragua on March 19, 2017
- Apparently, Luz de Maria Bonilla has the stigmata (wounds of Jesus Christ) on her body
- “On June 3rd, 2016, the Blessed Mother gave Luz de Maria indications to change its name and rename it as ‘Oil of the Good Samaritan‘, as well as to start using it from now on as a preventive against upcoming epidemics.” Ibid, source
- “There is actually an Imprimatur from the Catholic Bishop Juan Abelardo Mata, of Nicaragua, who after reading all the content of the messages, from 2009 to September 2017, and prayer books, found nothing against the Faith or sound doctrine, recommending the reading of the revelations to all Christians. In addition, Bishop Emeritus of San Vicente (El Salvador), Monsignor José Oscar Barahona Castillo, granted an Imprimatur for the prayer of the Holy Spirit.” Source: http://www.deunanube.com/is-luz-de-maria-approved-by-catholic-church/
- Natural Medicines grouped by type of disease – Medicinal Plants – Luz de Maria
“As a Mother, I Assure You That I Will Not Abandon You.
The Most Holy Virgin Mary to Luz de Maria de Bonilla on March 11th, 2023:
Commentary by Luz de María
Brothers and sisters,
God’s mercy goes from place to place leaving a trail that every human being appropriates personally. It is necessary to live accomplishing the works and actions to which we are called as creatures of God. We see how our Blessed Mother gives us a spiritual picture of the behavior of the human race in its daily life and how that same human race, which should go through life sowing love, is empty, without love in its heart, and it will destroy itself, going as far as world war. Being stirred up, nature will assault humanity, doing great damage before the culmination of the great purification.
Here I share with you some messages that allow us to see that God continues to speak to His children out of love for human beings:
OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
My beloved People, as we celebrate Lent, in which My children are invited in a special way to conversion, evil redoubles its attack, and you must remain prepared so that it does not defeat you in as special a Lent as the one you are living.
THE MOST HOLY VIRGIN MARY
I had already told you in advance about these events of today, which will increase as the days go by, just as I told you about an event that will cause astonishment and will affect the Church that I love so much!
This is one more reason for you to be strengthened in the faith, to nourish yourselves with the Eucharist, to walk in unity and not to falter.
OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
Pray, My children, pray, My Church is given over to those who do not love Her, whom do not respect Her, and I suffer because of it.
THE MOST HOLY VIRGIN MARY
I look with pain at the earth, and desolation makes that same earth more arid, because of the very aridity of hearts which say that they belong to the Church, but scorn my Son by welcoming the Devil. They erect great sculptures and worship them, attracting all the evil that should be cast out and hastening the coming of the Antichrist and the great persecution of the faithful Church.
THE MOST HOLY VIRGIN MARY
Only those who remain in my Son will retain their sanity regarding what they have taken as a personal god: money. Having clung to the god of the world, they will feel lost without economic support.
Faced with the collapse of the economy they will turn to what is offered to
them and will fall into the hands of the Antichrist.
“They who have my commandments and keep them are those who love me; and those who love me will be loved by my Father, and I will love them and reveal myself to them.”