Examples of Sacramentals
- Brown – salvation
- Green – for the sick and conversion
- Purple – for the end times
- Four way
- Miraculous Medal
- St. Benedict Medal
- many others
Holy Water, oil, salt
- The new rite is a simple blessing of water, but the old rite is an exorcism
- Prayer begets what it signifies
- Epiphany water
The priests’ exorcism prayers for salt, water, and oil from the old, pre Vatican II, Roman Catholic “Rituale Romanum” prayer book can be found online in the EWTN Library.
EPIPHANY BLESSING FOR CHALK TO BLESS YOUR HOME
Also used to bless washable crayons or markers used to Bless Your Home:
Chalk for each family is also blessed so that they may mark the names of the three Magi over their doors, as a witness of their faith and protection against evil. This blessing is from the older version of the Roman Ritual.
You can ask a priest to bless your chalk.
“O Lord God, bless this Thy creature chalk that it may be used for the salvation of the human race. Through the invocation of Thy most Holy Name grant that whoever shall take of this chalk and write with it upon the doors of his house the names of Thy saints, Caspar, Melchior and Balthasar, may through their merits and intercession receive health of body and protection of soul. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.”
or this prayer may be said:
“Loving God, bless this chalk which you have created, that it may be helpful to your people; and grant that through the invocation of your most Holy Name all those who with it write the names of your saints, Caspar, Melchior, and Balthazar, may receive health of body and protection of soul for all who dwell in the homes where this chalk is used, we make this prayer through Jesus the Christ. Amen.”
The initials of the Magi are then inscribed upon the inside of the doors with the blessed chalk.
(The initials, C, M, B, can also be interpreted as the Latin phrase “Christus mansionem benedicat“ which means “Christ bless this house”.) This blessing is usually done at Epiphany around the first part of each new year, but can actually be done at any time to bless your home.
20 + C + M + B + 16 (the + is the symbol for the sign of the cross) (the 20 and 16 signify the year as this blessing is redone each year. In January of 2016 you will write 20 + C + M + B + 16.
Write this inscription on your doors after blessing your home with holy water.
This is a very powerful blessing for your home. You can write this on every door in your home or property.
Natural remedies as given to Luz de Maria
Oil of the Good Samaritan
- St. Hildegard of Bingen was blessed with knowledge of natural remedies from above, used herbs and oils as medicine. She was elevated to “Doctor of the Church” by Pope Benedict XVI
- Frankincense, myrrh and other oils were used for healing in Biblical time and before modern scientific medicine. Frankincense and Myrrh and other oils have been used for healing since Biblical times. They were given to Mary as a gift for the baby Jesus by the Three Kings. Our Lady told St. Bernadette to wash in the water and…. and eat herbs that they were good for her
- Written records of recipes that were used during the Great Plague go back to 1700-1800: The Tragedy of the Great Plague in 1630 – thieves oil
- “Oil of the Good Samaritan” is made with 5 essential oils (cinnamon, clove, lemon, rosemary, eucalyptus) that have been enjoyed by the natural health care community for antibacterial, antiviral and anti fungal properties. They must be diluted with a carrier oil. http://www.deunanube.com/how-to-make-oil-of-the-good-samaritan/
- These 5 essential oils are sold at some health food and supplement stores, individually or as an organic proprietary oil blend called “bandits blend” or “thieves oil”. A manufacturer of essential oils in Canada called Alypsis state that they make their “bandits blend” “for therapeutic use only” and not with new age or occult incantations or intentions. It is 100% pure and certified to be organic. They recommend it for use in laundry or a diffuser: https://www.alypsis.com/bandits-blend-thieves-oil.html
- Catholics have used ordinary and natural measures such as blessed oils for good reasons and intentions. This is not meant to replace ordinary means or measures.
- Purchaser could have oils blessed and exorcised by a priest, so they then become sacramentals
- “In 1997, studies were conducted on this formula, by the University of Weber (Utah, United States) and proved that it is 99.96% effective against airborne bacteria. Bacterial cultures were sprayed in an enclosed space, and the mixture was dispersed for an amount of time. After 10 minutes of exposure, there was a reduction of 82% in the luteus micrococcus, 96% in aeruginosa pseudomonas, 44% in the staphylococcus aureus.” http://www.deunanube.com/how-to-make-oil-of-the-good-samaritan/
- Science daily – Georgetown University Medical Center
- Medicinal plants to help in these days of illness and health problems including this oil are recommended on the official site of Luz de Maria de Bonilla’s messages that were granted the Imprimatur of the Church by Titular Bishop of Nicaragua on March 19, 2017
- Apparently, Luz de Maria Bonilla has the stigmata (wounds of Jesus Christ) on her body
- “On June 3rd, 2016, the Blessed Mother gave Luz de Maria indications to change its name and rename it as ‘Oil of the Good Samaritan‘, as well as to start using it from now on as a preventive against upcoming epidemics.” Ibid, source
- “There is actually an Imprimatur from the Catholic Bishop Juan Abelardo Mata, of Nicaragua, who after reading all the content of the messages, from 2009 to September 2017, and prayer books, found nothing against the Faith or sound doctrine, recommending the reading of the revelations to all Christians. In addition, Bishop Emeritus of San Vicente (El Salvador), Monsignor José Oscar Barahona Castillo, granted an Imprimatur for the prayer of the Holy Spirit.” Source: http://www.deunanube.com/is-luz-de-maria-approved-by-catholic-church/
- Second Coming of Christ to be completed by the end of 2033 – Our Lady of America
- Natural Medicines grouped by type of disease – Medicinal Plants – Luz de Maria